[SI-LIST] SSO doubt

  • From: Canes Venatici <starsilic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 05:50:39 -0700 (PDT)

hi,
I could see the SSO results strongly depends on the package parasitics, esp.
Inductance.
We are in the process of selecting the package, die size etc. Even though we
fixed the number of pins
for the package, we are still in the process of finding the split-up of power
and signal pins.
But for deciding number of power /signal pins, we need to do SSO simulation,
which again depends
on package parasitics.
For example, if I go with say around 2nH as the package inductance I could get
the pin count as spec.
But if I go to say 10nH, its exceeding the spec heavily.
How to solve this chicken-egg problem?
Please correct me if I'm wrong in the system approach.

Regards
Canes

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net