[SI-LIST] Re: SSO SSTL Vs LVTTL

  • From: Canes Venatici <starsilic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peterson, James F \(EHCOE\)" <james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 06:13:10 -0700 (PDT)

Jim Peterson,
Thanks for your reply. The only concern is the impedance of the driver may be
non-linear,
depending upon the state (cut-off/linear/saturation) of the transistors, so I
was wondering
can we approximate the driver impedance.
Also I've one more doubt regarding the simulations using T.Lines. I used 4inch
lossless  transmission line.
The equivalent i/p inductance comes around 33nH and capacitance comes to be
13pF, by simple formulas
of T.lines. With this if I do simulations, I get very high power cell
requirement for each signal cell, or the quite node
noise is very high.

I could see in some docs related to SSO simulations, they were just putting
series resistor at the output of the driver, followed by
termination resistor pulled to Vtt for SSTL interfaces, instead of T.lines in
their SSO set-ups.
Could anyone clarify on how well it can represent SSO noise simulations?

Regards
Canes