[SI-LIST] Re: SSO

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:01:58 -0700

One thing that I didn't see mentioned in the responses so far is that
theoretically a true differential pair does not generate any ground
bounce or power droop noise on the die.  This is because the total
current flow is constant between power and ground.  The current in
the two halves of the differential pair always add up to the same
total current, regardless which leg is on or off.  In theory.

However, since real life is never ideal, you may get some noise,
but that should be much less than the noise single ended buffers
generate.

For that reason SSO noise should be small, or non existent.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation