[SI-LIST] Re: SSN and Crosstalk in Package

  • From: Chris Cheng <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list '" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:34:22 -0700

It depends on what kind of topology you have.
If you just have some high impedance tightly coupled short traces in a
package with nothing outside and no termination, the switching current could
be very small and your edges can be super sharp to generate saturated
crosstalk that bounce around and increase in amplitude with little di/dt and
little SSO noise.
If you tie it with some meaningful terminator and well spaced signal trace
outside the package and your signal edge starts to be reasonably slow, you
xtalk will not get saturated and your di/dt will drastically increase and
hence your SSO.