[SI-LIST] Re: SSN Vs Load cap

  • From: Jai Shanker <jswarrier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: starsilic@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 01:47:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi Canes,

I think you may have missed some components in the
overall model.

I = C dv/dt

only when there is no other element involved. You are
considering a ckt I think which is at least an LC ckt
with L being the pin inductance, possibly an RLC ckt
with some parasitic resistances thrown in as well.

Eqn 1 is then no longer complete or correct for the I
in that ckt in response to a step driver output Vo.

Or factor out the drop in L (or L+R) and restrict
yourself to the voltage across the cap alone for dv/dt
and eqn 1 is back to valid.

regards,
Jai Shanker

List technical documents are available at: