[SI-LIST] Re: SSN Vs Load cap

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: starsilic@xxxxxxxxx,Ihsan Erdin <erdinih@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 06:36:35 -0800

For my $0.02 anytime I've looked at this increasing C can increase or
decrease SSO depending on several factors not the least of which is
starvation which depends on the driver design and the PDN up to the
driver itself.  I think you want to take a cue from Chris Cheng here
and model your power delivery network with your drivers before you
draw conclusions.  I would be very hesitant to recommend loading a
driver with unnecessary C as a means of improving package issues.

Regards,

Steve.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net