[SI-LIST] Re: SPECCTRAQuest: DC level shift with series caps

  • From: Hassan Ali <hassan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:47:34 -0500 (EST)

I forgot an opening quote. The lines should read:

g1 1 2 i='if (time <= 1e-10) (1e-6 * v(1,2)) else (1e4 * v(1,2))'
g2 3 2 i='if (time <= 1e-10) (1e4 * v(3,2)) else (1e-6 * v(3,2))'

Regards.

Hassan.

On Mar 13, Hassan Ali <hassan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I toyed a little more with Kumar's idea. Here's the solution that works -
> without long
> simulation.
>
> Requirements: You need to know the common mode voltage at the driver output
> for the
corner
> (fast, typ, slow) case of interest. Call that "V_cm".
>
> 1. In SigXplorer, go to Analyse -> Libraries. Choose Model Browser, filter for
> ESpiceDevices, and click on any two-pin device (e.g. resistor50).
>
> 2. Click Add Model -> CloneSelection. Give a name to your clone e.g. "switch".
>
> 3. In the Model Browser now click on "switch" and then choose "Edit". A text
> editor will
> pop up.
>
> 4. Edit the model so that it reads as follows:
>
> ("switch"
>      ("PinConnections"
>         ("1" "2")
>         ("2" "1")
>      )
>      ("ESpice"
> ".subckt switch 1 2
> g1 1 2 i=if (time <= 1e-10) (1e-6 * v(1,2)) else (1e4 * v(1,2))'
> g2 3 2 i=if (time <= 1e-10) (1e4 * v(3,2)) else (1e-6 * v(3,2))'
> Vcm 3 0 V_cm
> .ends switch
> ")
>      ("Manufacturer" "myself")
> )
>

> Remember to replace V_cm with the actual common voltage value. Save the file
> when done.
>
> This ESpice element, all it does is to initialize the outputs to the
> common-mode voltage
> in the first 100ps of simulation. It does that by implementing two switches:
> one to the
DC
> source that initializes the outputs, and another to the signal that comes
> from the
driver.

> With respect to the driver signal, the switch is opened (resistance=1megaohm)
> in the
first

-

href='//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list'>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list</a>