[SI-LIST] Re: SPARTAN IIE Voltage regulator selection

  • From: "Adam Barnes" <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:57:32 -0000

I had some issues with a Linear Technology LTC1628 dual switcher on a
PowerPC board due to high startup currents, and they eventually admitted
seeing similar problems with Xilinx parts. I had to disable some of the
overcurrent protection features to work around this.

More recently I needed a 5V in, 3.3V + 1.6V out solution, and chose the
LTC1702A. Apparently this part was developed to resolve the "Xilinx
issue" on the LTC1702. The LTC1702A works very well for me, and its 2
phase approach to switching is good for noise and EMI.

- Adam Barnes  www.varisys.co.uk