[SI-LIST] Re: [SI-LIST]: Which tool is the best

  • From: "Abe Riazi" <ariazi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:11:49 -0700

Michael E. Vrbanac Wrote:

Is Linpar worth its salt?  I've used Apsim for that task before but
I wouldn't mind saving some money by getting something just as good
for much less and no maintenance fees. I was wondering if there were
any newer versions or ones that take into consideration something other
than a rectangular cross-section and one could add solder mask.

Dear  Michael:

To my knowledge, it is possible to analyze multi-layered planar structures with
Linpar and allows use of solder mask.  However, it is not clear to me if
utilization
of  trace cross sections other than rectangular (such as trapezoidal or a
general polygon
shape) is feasible with Linpar.

I am also interested to hear from expert users of this software.

Best Regards,

Abe Riazi
ServerWorks

List FAQ wiki page is located at: