[SI-LIST] Re: [SI-LIST]: Embedded capacitance on Flex..??

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "johnandresakis" <john.andresakis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:52:15 -0700

Earlier, I referred to GR-86-CORE.  I used the wrong number.  The spec I
should have mentioned was GR-78-CORE.  In Issue 1, Sept 1997, I cannot find
a later version, Section 6.2 Multilayer PWBs- General Requirements
paragraph OC-168 it states that the minimum thickness between core
metalization layers of a multilayer PWB should be a minimum of 0.004
inches.  This objective appleis between conductor layers, and between
plated though holes and conductors.

There is no breakdown voltage specification.  Is there a later version that
alters this?  We have not been able to find one.

There is an exception clause below this (CR6-169) that allows 0.002 mils,
but only with annual requalification by each supplier and 1 PWB from each
panel verified with 1000 VDC applied for one minute.  This not done by the
fabricators I am familiar with.

Lee W. Ritchey
Speeding Edge
P. O. Box 2194
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
Phone- 707-568-3983
FAX-    707-568-3504

I just used the energy it took to be angry to write some blues.
Count Basie

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org