[SI-LIST] SI software question thanks

  • From: Robison Michael R CNIN <Robison_M@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:01:20 -0500

I want to thank everybody who responded to my questions.  Your
answers have given me a number of places to look for SI training
and I think I'll talk to Cadence about the Power software before
we firm up our buy with them.

Just reading the list has been enlightening.  There are some things
that just go right over the top of my head.  For instance, the
gentleman that mentioned the issue with placing his bypass caps
a quarter wavelength away from the chip, and that turning a low
impedance device into a high impedance device.  What does the
fractional distance of a wavelength have to do with impedance?

Thanks, Michael Robison
812-854-4953
Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center

List archives are viewable at: