[SI-LIST] Re: SI models at MGH speeds

  • From: "Kai Keskinen" <kalevi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sunil.mekad@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 22:50:53 -0400

The problem with vendors giving you multi-GHz IBIS models is that accurate
differential logic models in IBIS such as CML require someone who really
understands both IBIS and SPICE to generate. Many of the IC vendors don't
want to spend the time (time=money) to learn how to do it right. I have some
good CML differential IBIS models from Intel that also tell you how to
implement pre-emphasis and they work in Cadence Allegro PCB SI. I haven't
seen anything comparable from other chip vendors.