[SI-LIST] Re: SI basics reference books and URL

  • From: "Kai Keskinen" <kalevi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <qazi@xxxxxxxxxx>, <david.kaiser@xxxxxxxxxx>, <nagaup1@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:24:01 -0500

The book  "High-Speed Digital System Design: A Handbook of Interconnect
Theory and Design Practices"
by Stephen H. Hall, Garrett W. Hall, James A. McCall
can you bring you to a much deeper understanding and is fairly easy for a
E.E. or 3rd year undergrad to understand. I've found it useful both
personally and in quickly bringing other people up to speed on practical
issues including timing.

Brian Young, "Digital Signal Integrity: Modeling and Simulation with
Interconnects and Packages", Prentice Hall PTR, October, 2000

is a good book to get you started understanding not only SI but how to
simulate and model SI with more of a slant to simulation and modeling.

"Right the First Time, A Practical Handbook on High Speed PCB and System
Design, Volume 1," Lee W. Ritchey, John Zasio
has many good, fairly current technology examples including details about
PCB technology that circuit pack designers need to know;it explains how to
budget and design for SI and Power delivery/decoupling, and has practical
design guidelines and spreadsheet/tables and graphs that are easy to apply
to one's own design needs. I just wish it was bound in hardcover!

Lot's of other favourite reference books and text books exist. I found these
to be useful.