[SI-LIST] Re: SI Tools

  • From: CCT20ES <CCT20ES@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ikupper@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:10:14 +0200

Hi Ingo,

I'm using Tau and IS-Analyzer, but I have not used any other tool. I
can tell you, it's not so easy to use (and fully understand what you
get) as you could think at first. What I hate the most it is the
interface, the spreadsheet style is not friendly at all. It's really
difficult to understand specially in Tau!

Another difficult point is MODELS. You need ibis models to use in IS
(Mentor has a CD sold separetly, as usual) but you are going to need
more... and it not easy to find them (manufacturers are not very
friendly in this area). In Tau you need timing models, difficult to
find too (but you can make your own models from datasheet and timing
diagrams... it's hard and boring)

I don't know but is there anyone who has used another tool and solved
these problems easily? Is there another guy with experience using IS
and TAU? Here in Spain, few people use this kind of tools (or at least
I don't know any company who has bought these tools)

Good luck!
Regards,

Carlos Castillo
Alcatel Espacio