[SI-LIST] Re: SI Simulations for SERDES signals

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'chundi srikanth'" <chundis@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:48:15 -0700

Chundi

I'd first start with your SFP vendor and ask for a model.  They should have
one.

If they don't then I'd look at the specifications for the return loss of the
high speed ports and make a model that gives approximately the same return
loss.

If neither of those work (at this point I'd be looking for another vendor)
I'd ask someone to make a model for you (obvious plug for Teraspeed Labs).

Hope this helps.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane