[SI-LIST] Re: SI Position Open

  • From: "Joe Cahill" <jjcahill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:13:57 -0500

Esther,

Your job description, job label, experience requirements are all fine a=
nd
accurate=2E I have been doing this kind of job since '82-'83=2E Even ba=
ck then
at the relatively slow signal data rates of 33Mbps and clock frequencie=
s of
33MHz understanding and controlling transmission line effects were
important for functioning systems=2E Also back then we were doing SSO
analysis and predictions, only we were arguing over 18->36 drivers
switching at a time, not several hundred=2E

This is not a resume and I am not interested in your position=2E I don'=
t have
a masters degree and I won't work in the Valley because my children may=
 not
be able to earn enough to live there comfortably=2E

Joe

Enterprise Systems Card Development
Austin Phone: 512=2E838=2E6645
Rochester Phone: 507=2E253=2E0762   Fax: 507=2E253=2E4966
jjcahill@us=2Eibm=2Ecom

                                                                       =
                               =20
                    esther williams                                    =
                               =20
                    <estherw2000@yahoo       To:     si-list@freelists=2E=
org                            =20
                    =2Ecom>                    cc:                     =
                                 =20
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     [SI-LIST] SI =
Position Open                  =20
                    si-list-bounce@fre                                 =
                               =20
                    elists=2Eorg                                       =
                                 =20
                                                                       =
                               =20
                                                                       =
                               =20
                    06/15/2001 05:04                                   =
                               =20
                    PM                                                 =
                               =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                               =20
                    si-list                                            =
                               =20
                                                                       =
                               =20
                                                                       =
                               =20

Hello - The following is a SI position at an Optical Data Networking st=
art
up=2E

Please contact: Esther at ewilliams@photuris=2Ecom for more information=
=2E

Title: Senior Signal Integrity Engineer

Location: Mountain View, CA

Job Description:

- Specify, simulate, design and analyze high speed interfaces for data
networking systems=2E

- Verification of actual hardware and confirm the simulations results t=
guarantee integrity of all the high speed interfaces=2E

- Generate guide lines for board designers and layout designers for the=

high speed routing=2E

- Setup process to sign off layouts for PCB fabs=2E

Position Requirements:

- Experience with high speed IOs like LVDS, HSTL, SSTL, LVTTL, CML, PEC=
L=2E

- Familiar with high speed bus interfaces=2E

- Knowledgeable with ASIC design flow and IO selection process=2E

- Extensive use of SPICE and IBIS to simulate signal integrity for the =
high
speed board=2E

- Experience with QUAD like tools to sign off PCB layout designs=2E

- Multi-gigabit board design and EMI/EMC containment techniques=2E

- Defined impedance controlled PCB stack-ups and familiar with fabricat=
ion
process and backplane designs=2E

- MSEE or PhD=2E

- 8 + year's experience in signal integrity=2E

=