[SI-LIST] Re: SI Package Analysis tools

  • From: Heyfitch <heyfitch@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dagmara Avanindra <dagmara.avanindra@xxxxxxxxx>, SI List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:57:15 -0700 (PDT)

If you are to model PDN (PowerDeliveryNetwork) in a way where
ideally everything is extracted in one shot (i.e., everything coupled to
everything inside the pkg) then there are few options that handle this high
goal with various degrees of success (you have to do your homework):
Sigrity: PowerSI (Full-Wave, kind of, FD), Speed2000 (FDTD)
Fluent: IceMAX (Quasi-static FD)
Optimal: PakSi-E (Quasi-static FD), PakSi-wave (Full-wave FD)
Ansoft: SiWave
This list pretty much exhausts everything available out there .
$100k will not buy you all the tools, but maybe 1 or 2 from either vendor.
However, if you are to extract significant (in your own opinion)
features as subckts, and then are to stitch them together into one mother
model, you can use any mix of 2D and 3D solvers of large variety.
-Vadim

Dagmara Avanindra <dagmara.avanindra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Under $100K., preferably
not more than $70K.
What are my options given that budget?

Thanks,
Dagmara

On 6/24/05, Heyfitch wrote:
> How much are you willing to spend on such tool ? ;-)
>

> Dagmara Avanindra wrote:
> Can anyone recommend an SI tool good for package analysis? I would
> like to use this tool to determine optimum crossection and routing, as
> well as package decaps.
>
> Thanks much!
> Dagmara

> List FAQ wiki page is located at: