Dell has the Signal Integrity job opportunity in Bangalore, India. Please
contact if you are interested.
The responsibilities for this position include the development of leading-edge
Enterprise Server, Storage, Notebook, Workstation and Desktop through applied
signal integrity theory and concepts. Duties encompass all activities needed
to take designs from initial architectural concept through production,
including, but not limited to simulation of high speed interfaces in both time
and frequency domains to assess feasibility of proposed routing strategies,
design and specification of PCB stack-up and advanced materials, PCB layout
constraint definition and management, electrical validation and correlation.
Additional responsibilities include working with strategic suppliers on new
technology implementation and solutions, collaborating across multiple teams to
proactively identify risks and resolve issues in order to minimize the impact
to product delivery and quality.
* Work with key silicon and passive component suppliers to obtain
information, documentation and models required to enable simulation of assigned
interfaces and technologies.
* Develop, test and validate simulation models to ensure the accuracy
of simulation results through correlation studies.
* Perform analysis of electrical designs and simulate viable routing,
material, and interconnect solutions to define a "solution space" and develop
design constraints for new high speed interfaces.
* Devise optimized simulation strategies necessary to characterize
worst case system conditions for high volume manufacturing and environmental
* Work with Electrical Engineers, PCB Layout and other Simulation
Engineers to develop and ensure appropriate delivery and compliance of
recommended layout design constraints.
* Develop design and validation guidelines required to successfully
implement new technologies and interfaces across a broad range of platforms and
development partners across the Dell product portfolio.
* Participate in design reviews for platforms being developed internal
and external to Dell and provide guidance based on signal integrity rules and
* Lead the development of electrical validation test plans for new
technologies and assist in the resolution of signal integrity issues before
they impact product delivery and/or quality.
* Engage with key technology and strategic suppliers to co-develop
platform guidelines and simulation tools and to collaborate on future
technology directions and ecosystem challenges associated with high frequency
interfaces and materials.
Prefer a candidate with a Bachelor's degree in either electrical engineering or
computer engineering and 3-5 years professional experience (or a Master's
degree and 1-3 years' experience) in addition to the following skills:
* Understanding of transmission line theory and electromagnetic field
* Knowledge of analog and digital circuit theory and principles
* Ability to drive problem-solving strategies for complex problems that
involve cross-functional disciplines.
* Able to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and
working independently under aggressive timelines.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Advanced ability in reading and understanding technical data sheets.
* Advanced ability to read and understand circuit schematics and/or
* Able to easily achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating
* Well versed in use of MS-Word Processor, MS-Outlook, MS-Power Point
Collaboration. Individual drive. A passion for technology. That's what success
sounds like at Dell. It's this dedication to finding unique solutions that has
given rise to many of our energy-smart, green initiatives. Sound like something
you can get behind? Join our team, and you'll work in a dynamic environment
with other motivated, talented individuals who care about protecting our
planet. Plus, you'll get the mentoring, support and training you need to
succeed on your own terms.
To unsubscribe from si-list:
si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field
or to administer your membership from a web page, go to:
si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'help' in the Subject field
List forum is accessible at:
List archives are viewable at:
Old (prior to June 6, 2001) list archives are viewable at: