[SI-LIST] Re: Routing diff pair HDMI signals at 85 Ohms as opposed to 100 Ohms reduces radiation?

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 18:01:23 -0800

The cleanest performance is going to be at an impedance that best
matches the rest of the channel.  85 Ohms is way off.  If someone were
testing with really bad cables they might find that 85 Ohms is better
than 100.

Steve.
On 12/16/2012 4:19 PM, miner_tom Cipollone wrote:
> I was told recently that in order to help reduce radiated emissions in HDMI
> signals, routed from a PCB to an HDMI connector, that it was better to route
> the signals at 85 Ohms differential as opposed to 100 Ohms differential.
>

> The contention was that with added connector L/C the overall average
> impedance normalized closer to 100 Ohms.
>
> Is there any credence to this? Is there any research material that agrees
> with this?
>

> (Hi Nazish)
>
> Thank You
> Tom

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
150 N. Center St. #211
Reno, NV  89501
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2012 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: