[SI-LIST] Re: Routing Signals Between PWB Layers

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: doug@xxxxxxxxxx,emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 03:15:19 -0700

Doug, I think that is an excellent example of how changing
coefficients sufficiently changes basic behavior.  The results of
this experiment contrast starkly to a different recent experiment
where there was virtually no detectable difference between the
results with the contiguous track and the layer switching track.  In
that experiment there were many layers with all the ground layers
stitched together acting in parallel with the displacement currents
through most of the cavity.  And instead of an ESD spark to the plane
cavity, the stimulus was a TDR to the test track.  It might be
interesting to see how much the situation in your ESD susceptibility
test can be improved with a well designed bypass network.

Regards,

Steve.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: