[SI-LIST] Re: Return Path

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: doug@xxxxxxxxxx, darshanmehta2k@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:45:34 -0700

Doug, I have some real heartburn with some of those representations,
particularly the fluid analogy that speaks of current as the flow of
electrons.  When I grew up current was defined as time variation of
electric flux.  When an E/M field  impinges a chunk of metal the resulting
interaction concentrates the field forming a wave guide.   All practical
wave guides leak, be they a microstrip over a plane, a stripline,  or
whatever.  Some, like a good semirigid coax leak only a little tiny
bit.  When they leak too much creating excessive disturbance in nearby wave
guides, we have cross talk problems.  I hope that this is what you were
trying to convey.

Regards,

Steve.

List FAQ wiki page is located at: