[SI-LIST] Re: Resonant Modes

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xuzhengrong@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 23:01:46 -0700

Zhengrong,

Pay attention to the resonances that are within the bandwidth of
significant signal energy from your loads and/or injected into your
return path.

Q depends on the capacitors and materials you use for your PCB. Low
mounted inductance capacitors such as X2Ys exhibit lower Qs than
capacitors with higher mounted inductances and similar ESRs.

Cavities that are thinner and/or have higher tangent losses exhibit
lower Qs than do thicker cavities and/or cavities with lower tangent loss.

At the end of the day you are always fighting inductance in your
capacitors and interconnect. You can manipulate modes and Q by
manipulating your capacitors and cavity geometries.

Steve.

xuzhengrong wrote:
> [...]
>
> ZXFlbmN5IGFuZCBRLiBFdmVyeSBtb2RlIGhhcyBhIGNlcnRhaW4gZnJlcXVlbmN5IGFuZCBRD=
>
> Qpp
>
> bmNyZWFzZXMgd2l0aCB0aGUgbnVtYmVyIG9mIG1vZGVzLiANCiANCldoaWNoIG1vZGUgc2hvd=
>
> Wxk
>
> IGkgcGF5IG1vc3QgYXR0ZW50aW9uIHRvPw0KV2h5IGRvZXMgUSB2YWx1ZSBpbmNyZWFzZSB3a=
>
> XRo
>
> IHRoZSBudW1iZXIgb2YgbW9kZXMgYW5kIGZyZXF1ZW5jeT8NCkhvdyB0byBhbmFseXN6ZSB3a=
>
> XRo
>
> IHRoZXNlIGRhdGEgYW5kIHdoaWNoIGluZm9ybWF0aW9uIGNhbiBpIG9idGFpbiBmcm9tIGl0P=
>
> w0K
>
> IA0KQXBwcmVjaWF0ZSBhbnkgaWRlYSBhYm91dCB0aGF0Lg0KIA0KQmVzdCBSZWdhcmRzDQpaa=
>
> GVu
>
> Z3JvbmcgWHUNCiANCg0Ku6rOqry8yvXT0M/euavLviBodWF3ZWlfbG9nbyANCg0KDQq12Na3o=
>
> 7rJ
>
> 7tvaytDB+rjax/jb4Mzvu6rOqrv5tdgg08qx4KO6NTE4MTI5DQpodHRwOi8vd3d3Lmh1YXdl
> 7tvaytDB+a
> S5j
>
> b20NCi0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tL=
>
> S0t
>
> LS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0NCi0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tL=
>
> S0t
>
> LS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLQ0Ksb7Tyrz+vLDG5Li9vP66rNPQu6rOqrmry761
> LS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLQ0Ksb7Tyrz+x
> LGj
>
> w9zQxc+io6y99s/e09q3osvNuPjJz8PmtdjWt9bQwdCz9rXEuPbIy7vyyLoNCtfpoaO9+w0K
> w9zQxc+1
> rnI
>
> zrrOxuTL+8jL0tTIzrrO0M7Kvcq508OjqLD8wKi1q7K7z97T2sirsr+78rK/t9a12NC5wrah
> zrrOxuTL+8jL0tTIzrrO0M7Kvcq508OjqLD8wKi1q7K7z97T2sirsr+o
> ri0
>
> 1sahorvyyaK3oqOpsb7Tyg0KvP7W0A0KtcTQxc+ioaPI57n7xPq07crVwcuxvtPKvP6jrMfr
> 1sahorvyyaK3oqOpsb7Tyg0KvP7W0A0KtcTQxc+x
> PrB
>
> ory0tee7sLvy08q8/s2o1qq3orz+yMuyosm+s/2xvtPKvP6joQ0KVGhpcyBlLW1haWwgYW5kI=
>
> Gl0
>
> cyBhdHRhY2htZW50cyBjb250YWluIGNvbmZpZGVudGlhbCBpbmZvcm1hdGlvbiBmcm9tDQpIV=
>
> UFX
>
> RUksIHdoaWNoIA0KaXMgaW50ZW5kZWQgb25seSBmb3IgdGhlIHBlcnNvbiBvciBlbnRpdHkgd=
>
> 2hv
>
> c2UgYWRkcmVzcyBpcyBsaXN0ZWQgYWJvdmUuIEFueQ0KdXNlIG9mIHRoZSANCmluZm9ybWF0a=
>
> W9u
>
> IGNvbnRhaW5lZCBoZXJlaW4gaW4gYW55IHdheSAoaW5jbHVkaW5nLCBidXQgbm90IGxpbWl0Z=
>
> WQg
>
> dG8sDQp0b3RhbCBvciBwYXJ0aWFsIA0KZGlzY2xvc3VyZSwgcmVwcm9kdWN0aW9uLCBvciBka=
>
> XNz
>
>> W4gdGhlDQppbnRlbmRlZCANCnJlY2lwaWVu
>>

> dChzKSBpcyBwcm9oaWJpdGVkLiBJZiB5b3UgcmVjZWl2ZSB0aGlzIGUtbWFpbCBpbiBlcnJvc=
>
> iwg
>
> cGxlYXNlDQpub3RpZnkgdGhlIHNlbmRlciBieSANCnBob25lIG9yIGVtYWlsIGltbWVkaWF0Z=
>
> Wx5
>
>> IGFuZCBkZWxldGUgaXQhDQoNCiANCg=3D=3D
>> =20
>> =20
>> =20
>> -- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Ecartis --

Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(408) 884-3985 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net