[SI-LIST] Re: Resistor packs, SI issues?

  • From: "Mike Greim" <mike.greim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <af@xxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:36:26 -0600

Depending on the nature of the memory channel, for=20
instance, number of dimms, total ranks and the=20
distribution thereof, the viability of the interface
can be held together with for lack of a better phrase,
spit and scotch tape.  It is therefore fairly common=20
for constraints to be employed that enhance noise margin.
Cross talk may be a contributing factor, but it is also
common for DQS to be packaged separately such that a
different termination scheme is desired.  Not dis-similar
to requirements stating that address and control should
not be packaged with data.

You may also want to consider a different rpack size as
mfg cost may be increased due to the small size of the=20
package.  Yes, I realize that there is a limited amount
of space to implement the termination scheme for this=20
channel

Best of luck.

Best Regards,

Michael Greim
Platform Engineering
Newisys, Inc.
512-634-0232    (V)
512-740-9097    (C)

We will either find a way or make one     -Hannibal

Chance favors the prepared mind      -Pasteur

The time is gone, the email's over
Thought I'd something more to say.......