[SI-LIST] Re: Relation between slew rate and ISI

  • From: "Curt McNamara" <CurtM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Preethi Ramaswamy" <preethi.gowtham@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 16:43:11 -0500

This may have been covered already by Wolfgang's excellent responses:
The wave arrives at the load and any reflected energy is almost no prop =
delay away.=20
In contrast, at other points on the line the reflected energy from the =
load (or other discontinuity) arrives 2 x tpd later (where tpd is the =
delay from the measurement point to the reflection).=20

This is one reason we may not care about intermediate points on the =
line: at the load we need to see signal quality and establish that there =
are no voltage levels beyond our limits. At the source signal quality =
may not be as critical, but checking voltage levels is important.

Why would we care about intermediate points? They could affect crosstalk =
or emissions. Any other perspectives on this?

                                                Curt

Curt McNamara, P.E.=A0// principal electrical engineer=20
Logic Product Development
411 Washington Ave. N. Suite 400
Minneapolis, MN 55401
T // 612.436.5178
F // 612.672.9489
www.logicpd.com=20
This message (including any attachments) contains confidential =
information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is =
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should =
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action =
based on it, is strictly prohibited.