[SI-LIST] Regarding "unbonded region" in PCB stackup

  • From: Siva kumar <sivakumar_skm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 05:07:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gurus,
         When i was going thru' a stackup i came
across a term "UMNBONDED". I searched for some
explanation for this word (UNBONDED) and one appln
note says like this,
   " A flex-circuit design technique that involves
providing an insulating layer between every conductive
layer of a flex-circuit, but with no adhesive bonding
between the insulating layers in certain areas of the
circuit. This technique improves circuit flexibility.
"
 I couldn't understand this properly.
  Could anybody please give me some more explantion on
this topic?..
  And also, how would you handle this type of stackup
in simulation. ie. defining stackup in xtk file or in
any other tool.

thanks in advance,
siva

List archives are viewable at: