[SI-LIST] Re: Reg: Editing in IBIS model

  • From: "Lynne D. Green" <lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 12:42:04 -0700

Often, an IBIS file comes with one example pin (in
[Pin] section) for each I/O buffer model.
The user then creates their own [PIN] section
following the example.

As Craig notes, there are tools that can
automatically generate [Pin] section from
component info.

Also, you might check with your apps engineer to
see why this dml feature is not working as expected.

Cheers,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412
lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 7/3/2012 8:52 AM, Craig Harabedian wrote:
> Hello,
>       Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Quartus II can generate ibis
> models specific to your design.  This Altera webpage shows you how to do it:
>
> http://www.altera.com/download/board-layout-test/ibis/ibi-quartus.jsp
>

> Craig Harabedian
>
> Enrico Fermi Institute
> University of Chicago
>
> On 7/3/2012 12:26 AM, SI wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I have cyclone IV ibis model (EP4CE30F780 ) but the pin no in cyclone IV
>> datasheet is not matching with the pin connection in the board. According to
>> the board configuration I want to edit the ibis model so that the buffers
>> models in the ibis matches with that of the board. Suppose ibis pin 2 is
>> cmos IO but according to board I want to make it ttl3p3_cio_dio which is at
>> pin no 343 in ibis model.
>>

>> I tried editing after converting ibis into dml model but many warnings are
>> coming. Also I tried to rename/reorder Spice pins option (from Alegro model
>> integrity-> tools -> dml-> reorder/rename Espice pins) but the option is not
>> active. Is there any other option for this problem? Any idea/ hints will be
>> highly appreciated.
>>

>> Thanks & Regards,
>>
>> SI - Team
>>
>> Caliber Interconnect Solutions Pvt Ltd