[SI-LIST] Re: Reflected Wave Switching - Silly Question.

  • From: "Lynne D. Green" <lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kedar.apte@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:16:23 -0800

Hello, Kedar,

A word of caution on reflected wave switching: the voltage at the receiver
could overshoot (above Vcc or below GND) and damage the MOS gate oxide.

The damage might not be immediately apparent in testing.  It could show up
as reduced lifetime in the field.

Simulation is highly recommended for checking overshoot and for optimizing
terminations.

- Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412