[SI-LIST] Reducing slew rate

  • From: John Coupland <coupswork@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:15:51 -0800

Gurus,
I have a driver with a programmable output swing
of 1-20 Vp-p. Its slew rate is 2-3 V/ns. I want to
reduce the slew rate down to 0.5 V/ns. Does anyone
have a clever/simple solution?

Add'l info:
The driver's intrinsic source Z is 12 ohms. In
some cases this will drive a 50 ohm cable
directly. In other cases a 38 ohm series resistor
will be added. I'd prefer a solution which works
equally well in either case.

Note: I'd prefer something that reduces slew rate.
Reducing rise/fall time is less desirable
(although my backup plan).

A means to provide adjustable slew rate (like with
a control voltage) is even better!

Thanks,
John

List archives are viewable at: