[SI-LIST] Re: 回复: Re: How to measure the actual impedance of a stripline with DSA8200(TDR)

  • From: John Lee <venussoso@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: " Hithesh \(GE Intelligent Platforms\)Nijagunamurthy" <hithesh@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:57:28 +0800 (CST)

Thank you very much, Hithesh,
I have tryed the calculator which you recommended, and the result is about
57ohm.
The actual trace width = 3.3mil, trace thickness = 0.5mil, distance between
traces = 4mil, distance to top ref layer = 5mil, and distance to bottom ref
layer 9.4mil,and dielectric constant is about 4.3 (which i have doubt about it).
Best Regards!
John Lee

--- 11å¹´1æ??13æ?¥ï¼?å?¨å??, Nijagunamurthy, Hithesh (GE Intelligent Platforms)
<hithesh@xxxxxx> å??é??ï¼?

å??件人: Nijagunamurthy, Hithesh (GE Intelligent Platforms) <hithesh@xxxxxx>
主é¢?: RE: å??å¤?ï¼? [SI-LIST] Re: How to measure the actual impedance of a
stripline with DSA8200(TDR)
�件人: "John Lee" <venussoso@xxxxxxxx>
æ?¥æ??: 2011å¹´1æ??13æ?¥,å?¨å??,ä¸?å??7:16

I use a calculator on the web and also calculate using the tool in the SI
software I use - Sisoft.
I usually have come across same
ref planes  ( Vdd on either side of the strip line or Ground on either side of the strip line)

You can try the calculator by AWR. Try using this -
http://www.technick.net/public/code/cp_dpage.php?aiocp_dp=util_pcb_imp_stripline_dual

If you can tell me the trace width, trace thickness, distance between
traces, distance to top ref layer and bottom ref layer and dielectric
constant, I can calculate in my SI software.

-Hithesh