[SI-LIST] Re: Random Jitter Value varies with Data pattern

  • From: "Alfred P. Neves" <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kesir@xxxxxxxx" <kesir@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 06:45:56 -0800

What data do you have to support you comparison claims regarding RJ - DJ
separation?

Also, the Dual Dirac DJ is NEVER the measured or actual DJ, and making
this statement suggests you may need to work at understanding DD extrapolation
method and QBER distribution.   I like the Ransom Stephens paper on this
subject, as it is well written.

Sent to you confidentially by ipad2.

On Jan 31, 2013, at 11:17 PM, <kesir@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Vinod,
> From my experience, there is no ideal scope software for jitter speration yet
> (for both Agilent & Tektronix). Somehow, Agilent software seems a little bit
> better.
> At the same time, Dual dirac method is more accurate while estimating
> gaussian distribution Rj, but the Dj measured by dual dirac method is usually
> not the real Dj. So I would suggest you to use dual dirac to estimate Rj
> while using other method or mannual measuring the distribution to estimated
> Dj.
> For arbitrary waveform, I would suggest your captured waveform to be smaller
> than the arbitrary waveform and make sure the capuring is inside one
> waveform. Otherwise, your measurement may not be accurate.
>
> Best regards
>
> JKE

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: