[SI-LIST] Re: RLC value extraction for power plane

  • From: Rohit MISHRA <rohit.mishra@xxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bennyluiss@xxxxxxxxx" <bennyluiss@xxxxxxxxx>, "weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx" <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 15:23:59 +0800

Hello Benny,

Welcome to the world of Signal Integrity !! :-)

I am not sure if hyperlynx has ability to extract RLGC values but you can sure
use other field solvers like momentum, Q3D or HFSS to extract RLGC/Z parameters
of power plane.

To extract RLGC value from field solver, you don't need to define voltage
values instead you define ports at both end of traces and define the frequency
range of interest, that's all !

Steve,

I understand that ac current source can be used to find complex impedance or
PDN impedance in this case but if someone is interested in finding RLGC values,
how is it possible to extract from PDN impedance ??

Rgds,
Rohit