[SI-LIST] R: ibis in hspice

  • From: Guasti Giovanni <Giovanni.Guasti@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Stanley.Chiu@xxxxxxxxxx'" <Stanley.Chiu@xxxxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:28:27 +0200

HI Stanley,
I'm not sure if I have understood your question. Did you find some
difficulties in observing the differential signal or in creating a
differential stimulus?
In the first case one way is to use the command print
        print PAR('(v(outputpos)-v(outputneg))')
In the second case I suppose you want to use a VCVS to feed negate the
negative driver.
I noticed that it's impossible (maybe I'm wrong?) to connect a VCVS to an
input (nd_in) IBIS model in HSPICE.
Sometime I connect two separate voltage sources that act in opposition of
phase. This is good if you want to simulate some kind of asymmetry between
positive and negative output. Onother way is to connect two port to the same
voltage source, being sure that the positive output IBIS model has the
attribute Polarity Non-Inverting and the other one has Polariy Inverting.
If the model doesn't own the attribute (sometimes it happens) You can add it
to the IBIS model.
Hope this help you.
By
        Giovanni