[SI-LIST] R: Package characterization

  • From: <gianguida@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cvijay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:57:36 +0200

Hi,
there are sevreal CAD tool on the market that can be used for IC package:
Some vendor:
Sigrity
Optimal
Ansoft
CST
the first 3 in the list have specialized tool for package analysis in theyr
portfolio.

CS Microwave Studio is a full 3D method so it could happen that you will need
to choose to analyse
not the overall package, but in my experience I have seen cases where CST is
able to analyse very complicated and big structure.

In my opinion CST being a time domain code can be useful for SI simulation
since you will obtain a broadband results without the need to perform a
frequency sweep...

Hope this help

Giancarlo