[SI-LIST] R: How to simulate the signal going into connector

  • From: <gianguida@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Shahbaz Assad" <shahbaz_assad@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:26:43 +0200

Hi shahbaz,
one possible way is generating model for your connector by means of a
simulation.

Depending on the accuracy you need and on the connector dimensions compared to
wavelength
you may want use a a quasi-static tool like Ansoft Q3D (in this case you can
obtian a RLCG model)
or full-wave simulator like HFSS or Microwave Studio or any other of the godd
3D simulator available in the market

Hope this helps
Giancarlo