[SI-LIST] Re: Questions on Reference Planes for DDR3 signals

  • From: Dudi Tash <dudi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ihirshtal@xxxxxxxxxx" <ihirshtal@xxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 11:09:00 +0300

Hi Itzhak,

Please see below my comments:

1. This recommendation is to reduce the XTALK issues. (The more the traces are
close to the GND planes, the XTALK reduces. It shouldn't matter if it's
asymmetric stripline as long as the ref planes are GND. (Since the rise times
are very short the XTALK issues can be problematic in case not treated)
2. The important thing is maintaining a solid return path. Even if the return
path is not GND, it will get there via eddy currents
3. Didn't quite understand (you can call me on that - please see below my
contact)
4. We can discuss this as well over the phone

Best Regards,
Dgtronix Ltd. I Founder & CEO I Dudi Tash
eFax: +972-3-7256490 I Mobile: +972-54-6345629 I Office: +972-9-9660967
www.dgtronix-tech.com

*This email contains confidential and proprietary information of Dgtronix Ltd.*