[SI-LIST] Re: Question regarding return current in a differential pair

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: glenchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 02:54:07 -0700

Glen, no that is not correct.  When you tightly couple, you need to
manage both the even and odd mode impedances throughout the
path.  Loosely coupled, the energy coupled between the lines is so
insignificant that it can be virtually ignored.  That
simplifies:  routing worries, considerations for transitions through
connectors, and termination complexity.

Steve.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: