[SI-LIST] Re: Question on varying the coupling ratio on a dif ferential pair

  • From: "Clewell, Craig" <Cclewell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'hassan@xxxxxxxx'" <hassan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:45:22 -0500

Ali,

If my understanding is correct I believe that the impedance would be
directly realted to the return loss.  If there are differences in the
impedance over frequency you would have larger/smaller reflections, thus
generating a higher/lower return loss.  I like to try and make things look
pretty in the time domain first since it is difficult to detect what the
culprit is by just observing the return loss.

Craig