[SI-LIST] Re: Question on Rogers4350 loss

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jose_moreira@xxxxxxxxxxx, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 10:16:20 -0700

Jose, Scott answered a similar question not long ago to a gentleman from
Xilinx.  In his case the apparent loss / unit distance was about twice what
was expected, about 0.5dB / inch instead of 0.25 dB/ inch as I
recall.   Scott pointed out that a major problem tends to be that because
the material has such a low loss, it is easy to get resonances that
through-off measurements, particularly of relatively short, ie low-loss
structures.  You might try just extending your structure so that there is
enough loss to quiet down any resonances coming from your launches.

Steve.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org