[SI-LIST] Question about termination of transmission line

  • From: Joey <joey.integrity@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI-list <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:18:52 +0800

Hi everyone,
       When we consider the load termination, we only need to guarantee the
resistor chosen equal to the impedance of the transmission line, just as the
AC load termination which uses a series capacitor and resistor to eliminate
the DC power consumption. Most of time, we use the step function signal to
analyse the transmission line effect, that is the reflection phenomenon. But
in my opinion, we also can use other kinds of signal, just as sin function,
because we can use fourier series to disassemble the step signal to a series
of variety of frequency sin signal, right?
      If what I mention before is right, we can use a sin signal with
frequency w to reconsider the AC load termination, under this situation the
load impedance is R+jwc, which isn't equal to the impedance of transmission
line, right?
      Then we can assemble all the frequency sin signal together, which is
the step signal. So I could get the consequence that the capacitor make
the function in any of them , but lost the function when considered the
integration. Why?
who can point my mistake? I'm so confused.
--
BEST WISHES

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: