[SI-LIST] Question about diff-probes

  • From: Zaiyi Liao <zaiyi.liao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:46:28 +0800

Hello experts:
        Now I want to test S-parameter of diff-channel on PCB.

       I find it's hard to find portable low-impedance(50ohm) diff-probe for
VNA. As I know,there are some diff-probes up to 15Ghz (such as N1020A TDR
probe) for TDR test. And there are lot of high-impedance diff-probes for
eyepattern test up to 10Ghz. In chip test, there are many low-impedance
probes(GSG,GSGSG,GSSG,etc)

      I want to know whether there is any portable(no need probe station)
diff-probe for VNA?? Why it's hard to find low-impedance probe for PCB test?
Another question is that what is the differences of S-parameter test by VNA and
TDR.

   Thank you very much!

BR//Zaiyi Liao

List technical documents are available at: