[SI-LIST] Re: Query related to Decoupling Analysis and Ferite Bead

  • From: Cristian Filip <cris_filip2002@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "jagdishgoswami@xxxxxxxxx" <jagdishgoswami@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 18:42:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi Istvan,
What is the purpose of using the ferrite bead in this example? It appears that
the requirements at both nodes (n1) and (n2) are identical (1.375V with max
allowed ripple=2.5%). If those two nodes were connected together and the target
impedance condition met wouldn’t that be enough?
Thank you,
Cristian