[SI-LIST] Re: Query related to Decoupling Analysis and Ferite Bead

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 23:07:36 -0800

Up to the cut-off frequency formed by the ferrite bead and whatever
decoupling is at (n2), both the (n2) decoupling and loads couple to (n1).

Steve
On 2/2/2014 10:51 PM, Jagdish Goswami wrote:
> Dear Experts
> I am new to pi analysis and need your help in solving one of the basic
> Query  related to power integrity, Please help me out in resolving this
> query.
>

> The scenario of my board is given below
>
>   VRM----(n1)---->FB----(n2)---->IC1
>               (n1)---->IC2
>

> Where
> n1=Power plane (1.375V)
> n2=Power Plane (1.375V)
>
> output Voltage of VRM = 1.375V
> Ripple = 2.5%
>
> IC1 is drawing ~ 3A of current from plane n2
>
>   I am doing the Decoupling Analysis of plane n1.
> so I am assuming FB as one of the sink which is taking 3A of current from
> n1,
> target impedance will come out to be only 19.462 mOhm below FB
>
> My Query is am i doing it correctly by taking FB as one of the sink with 3A
> of current?
>
> Do I need to make sure that the impedence graph is below target impedance
> even at the input of FB?

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
1580 Grand Point Way
MS 34689
Reno, NV  89523-9998
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2013 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: