[SI-LIST] Re: Query

  • From: "Han Li" <jasonleehan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aditya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:37:45 +0800

wow, big questions!
for second question:[1]
1. Widen the spacing S between the lines as much as routing restrictions
will allow.
2. Design the transmission line so that the conductor is as close to the
ground plane as
possible (i.e., minimize H) while achieving the target impedance of the
design. This
will couple the transmission line tightly to the ground plane and less to
adjacent
signals.
3. Use differential routing techniques for critical nets, such as the system
clock if system
design allows.
4. If there is significant coupling between signals on different layers
(such as layers M3
and M4), route them orthogonal to each other.
5. If possible, route the signals on a stripline layer or as an embedded
microstrip to
eliminate velocity variations.
6. Minimize parallel run lengths between signals. Route with short parallel
sections and
minimize long coupled sections between nets.
7. Place the components on the board to minimize congestion of traces.
8. Use slower edge rates. This, however, should be done with extreme
caution. There are
several negative consequences associated with using slow edge rates.

besides, I recommend Si books for such questions. i am afriad mail-list can
cover all aspects of your questions

[1]Reference:High-Speed Digital System Design---A Handbook of Interconnect
Theory and Design Practices

On 8/13/07, Aditya Chandra <aditya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear All
> Please advise. I need some help on the following issues.
>
> 1. Ways to remove inductance in the ground path.
> 2. Is there any other way to remove / reduce cross talk apart from
> shielding and increased spacing?
> 3. How can I use termination to control reflection?
>
> Regards
> Aditya
> www.reliant-eds.com
> Email: aditya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx