[SI-LIST] Re: Quantization and Statistical Averaging

  • From: "john lipsius" <johnlipsius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <slund347@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 02:01:04 -0700

Steve,

I haven't worked with anything like you describe but, if I understand
your description, I suspect that the time periods where you have jitter
in the measurement are the periods when the "crystal ctld pulse generator"
and the measurement circuit clock references are strongly in phase.

That is, they are two different references so their frequencies are constantly
drifting in relative phase.  Given the right conditions, they line up and
stabilize
and you get a deterministic phase offset "detected" by the measurement
circuit.

Or, maybe I'm just dreaming.
-John