[SI-LIST] Re: Quantic-EMC

  • From: "Craig Clewell" <cclewell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rsefton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 04:57:31 -0800

Robert,

Wow, that's an oldie!  I wasn't aware that you could get support for
this product anymore?  The last time I used Greenfield you were only
allowed a maximum of 9 conductors, and arbitrary shapes are out of the
question.  It's not a bad piece of software, but my opinion is that you
can find a more practical software for your work in the 21st century.

Actually, the software that was recently posted on this list from the
Mayo Clinic works very well and it's FREE.  I stuck a microstrip and
stripline into it and generated the exact same results (within a tenth
of a unit) that I obtained using a common 21st century tool - Ansoft.
Here is a link to that software in case you are interested...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mmtl/

There is a pretty cool iteration tool included to "dial-in" your
impedance.

Regards,

Craig