[SI-LIST] Re: Q on TDR coupon measurements

  • From: "Ray Anderson" <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Charles.Grasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:11:09 -0800

Charles,

If this is the technique described in the IPC documentation  if I
remember correctly the reason for looking only at the first portion of
the waveform was to minimize any perceived rise in impedance caused by
the resistive component on a long trace.  I believe there was input from
some of the NIST staff in the development of this technique. (it was
quite a while back when I was asked to review the draft of the docs
prior to IPC publication so hopefully I am remembering this correctly).

As far as 'average-mean' goes I'm don't have an answer.

Regards,

-Ray

Raymond Anderson
Senior Signal Integrity Staff Engineer