[SI-LIST] Re: Purpose of Cref,Rref and Vref parameters in IBIS files

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 00:16:29 -0700

Cref and Rref are there to so that the timing effects between of the
test fixture used to generate the IBIS file can be deembedded.

Steve
On 3/27/2014 11:19 PM, Mallikarjun K wrote:
> Hi,
> from IBIS spec
> "The Cref and Rref subparameters correspond to the test load
> | that the semiconductor vendor uses when specifying the
> | *propagation delay and/or output switching time of the model*.
> | The Vmeas subparameter is the reference voltage level that the
> | semiconductor vendor uses for the model.  Include Cref, Rref,
> | Vref, and Vmeas information to facilitate board-level timing
> | simulation.  The assumed connections for Cref, Rref, and Vref
> | are shown in the following diagram:
> |
> | _________
> | |         |
> | |      |\ | Rref
> | |Driver| \|------o----/\/\/\----o Vref
> | |      | /|      |
> | |      |/ |     === Cref
> | |_________|      |
> | |
> | GND
> "
> Correct me if i am wrong,
> IBIS model Output switching curves (V-T  curves) were generated by Buffer
> having Rload/Rfixture to Vfixture or GND.
>
> I-V Curves were generated by connecting a variable voltage source and
> measuring current entering Buffer.
>
> In these 2 data measurements, Vref,RRef and Cref were never used.
>
> What is the purpose and usage of these models.

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
1580 Grand Point Way
MS 34689
Reno, NV  89523-9998
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2013 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: