[SI-LIST] Re: Pros/Cons of Agilent vs Tek scope for DDR2/3 characterization

  • From: Ray Anderson <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:06:32 -0700

I concur.

Historically si-list has had a policy of discouraging postings by
vendors related to their own products.

Recently I've had some second thoughts on that policy and have loosened
up the posting criteria to make it allowable for vendors to post a
simple statement of a tools/products existence and capabilities if the
statement if relevant to a topic of discussion

What hasn't changed is that blatant marketing hype is still strongly
discouraged. Why??  To provide a 'level playing field' to all the
vendors in the industry with SI related products. If you feel the need
to spread your marketing rhetoric please put it on your own website of
find an ad agency.

Obviously it is hard to stuff the toothpaste back into the tube, but in
the future I would hope all vendors abide by the 'no commercial
marketing' restriction.

Regards,

-Ray Anderson
(si-list admin)