[SI-LIST] Re: Proper use of the Si-List

  • From: Sitar Moniker <si_monkey2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MikonCons@xxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:59:14 -0700 (PDT)

I am new to this list. After these posts, I thought the forum is designed to
serve the interests of successful consultants and I am at a wrong party. I was
about to unsubscribe. But, subsequent posts tell me otherwise and it is OK to
ask questions that are not "give me a basic education" type. Don't ask for IP
also.

Let us see if the Open Termination questions and follow-up questions I asked
fit into these categories. Obviously, they are not asking for IP because nobody
indicated as such. I don't think they are "give me a basic education" type
either.  How the fields behave at the open ended line interface with free space
before and after reflection is not high school physics. I know this because I
have a high school diploma.

What I would like to see is how this field behavior (which is not addressed so
far) can be explained using rubber bands and weights and conservation of
momentum.  I would really appreciate if you or others explain this and convince
me that these questions deserve to be ignored by the SI elite.

MikonCons@xxxxxxx wrote:
Beautifully said, Ed.

I have not particpated in the SI forum for some time (while biting my tongue
to keep my opinions to myself) because of the plethora of "give me a basic
education" type questions, as well as some comments I have not agreed with.
Although my requests for consulting support has tripled over the last couple of
months, I know of eight other competent consultants scratchin the gravel
beds for work.

Mike
Michael L. Conn
Owner/Principal Consultant
Mikon Consulting

*** Serving Your Needs with Technical Excellence ***

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: