[SI-LIST] Re: Propagation delay question

  • From: "Stephen Zinck" <signalintegrity@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dbostan@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Si-List'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:37:11 -0500

Hi Dan,

Maybe you could give the list a little more detail as far as the topology,
etc for the circuit in question.

But off the cuff, my guess would be loading differences between
bi-directional drivers. You may have two loads at the memory and one at the
controller. Package models may be sufficiently different to cause some the
delay differences you are seeing as well. Finally, you may have a single
parallel term down one end (near the SDRAM) or two series terms with
different values that could cause edge-rate differences, which would
manifest itself as different delay characteristics depending on drive
direction. By the way, how are you measuring delay (i.e. to the vdd/2
threshold point, etc.?)?

Regards,
Steve

Stephen P. Zinck